We're on a mission to help Canadians achieve their financial goals.
Managing personal finances is complicated, confusing, time consuming and for many, inaccessible.
Mylo automatically rounds up your purchases and invests the spare change. Mylo also uses transactional data and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide personalized insights and recommendations to help you optimize your finances.
- Helping tens of thousands of Canadians achieve their financial goals
- Acquired Tactex Asset Management
- Pitched on Dragons' Den
- Named Top Apps Made in Quebec by Journal de Montréal
- Featured as "Apps We Love" by Apple
- Featured in Globe & Mail, Financial Post, CBC, Les Affaires, Techvibes, etc.
- Raised a $2.65M seed from Desjardins, Ferst Capital Partners, and other great investors
We have fantastic investors and an amazing team, and we’re growing quickly. We’re looking for talented people to help us shape the next wave of innovation in financial services. If you enjoy working with talented folks, solving big problems and delighting users - come join us in helping Canadians achieve their financial goals.
Your role is to design and deliver a world-class user experience to millions of Canadians.
You'll collaborate with Product, Marketing, Customer Success, etc., and are responsible for the design of the Mylo brand, visuals, website, web app and mobile apps.
- Conduct customer research / interviews via phone call, face-to-face interviews or in-app chat
- Design, develop and maintain design artifacts (brand guidelines, style guides, user journey, empathy maps, jobs-to-be-done, personas, etc.)
- Lead design sessions and sprints
- Sketch, build and validate designs and prototypes
- Identify and solve design issues
- Support marketing initiatives (website, visual content, email templates, participate in strategic / creative discussions, etc.)
- 3+ years experience with a portfolio showcasing past work.
- An expert in design software Sketch (mainly), Illustrator and Photoshop
- An expert in prototyping software (i.e. InVision, Principle, etc.)
- Artistic ability: You are talented. You pump out great ideas quickly.
- Style: Your design is fun, friendly and has a lot of character.
- Research: You follow design trends and love to test-drive new apps.
- Inspiration: You know who / what inspires you.
- User-centered design: This is not a buzzword to you - it's what matters.
- Curiosity: Your favourite question when chatting with users is "Why?"
- Approach: You despise complexity - simple is beautiful.
- Conversationalist: You are a great listener and are deeply empathetic.
- Data: You understand the power of data, but understand its limitations.
- Scientific: You want to validate / invalidate your assumptions quickly.
- Self-aware: You recognize and plan for biases in the design process
- Patient: You don't always get it right. You reiterate until it is.
- Fun: You don't take yourself too seriously and can be a goof sometimes.
- Interest in startups.
- Interest in personal finance.
- Download and use Mylo to stay super close to the user experience.
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Previous startup experience
What We Offer
- Our open-concept offices at FCP FinTech Studio (dogs are welcome!)
- Awesome and comprehensive health benefits package
- Generous vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
- Support with continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge and achieving your career and personal development goals
- Team activities and get-togethers like our annual oyster shucking Christmas party
- A casual environment where you will work with smart and passionate people
We believe in being an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.