You’re looking for an opportunity to join a fast-growing team that makes an impact. We’re looking for a resourceful and energetic problem-solver to help our engineering, QA and product team bring great products to market.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Coordinate a team of mobile front end, server and web programmers;
- Support all stages of the production of a project, from its initial feasibility analysis to its delivery and certification on all targeted platforms;
- Update schedules using standardized methodology based upon project goals as well as flag dependencies and priorities between tasks;
- Communicate project plan and progress to the team and stakeholders. You will liaise with internal and external groups on issues requiring attention;
- Coordinate with stakeholders at all phases of the project including designers, QA, customer success and the executive team;
- Keep focused on shipping quality products that bring value to our customers;
- Support the SRED filing process by ensuring projects are tracked in a meaningful way.
- Development leader - you have managerial and development skills and interests;
- Project management - you have a keen interest in delivering great projects and in dashboard driven management;
- Understanding of software lifecycle - you have demonstrated knowledge of challenges with the mobile software lifecycle on iOS and Android platforms;
- Solution-focused thinker - you are a pro-active communicator who can lead in creative, business, and technical discussions;
- Multi-tasker - you know how to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in a software management role;
- Meaningful experience leading or supporting a team working with the Agile methodology
- Intimately familiar with software ticketing systems (JIRA/Redmine or similar) and experience with Microsoft Excel;
- Strong presentation and written communication skills in French and English;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with different people across the organization;
- Candidate must understand business processes, be a detailed-oriented person and quickly grasp new concepts;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or electrical engineering preferred;
- Recent Scum alliance certifications;
- Start-up experience;
- Curiosity about personal finance.
Mylo is on a mission to help Canadians achieve their financial goals. The Mylo app makes it easy for everyone to save by automatically rounding up their purchases and investing the spare change, but roundups are just the beginning. To help our users across all aspects of their financial lives, we use data to develop personalized insights, recommendations and services.
Now, we are looking for more great people who want to be part of a high-energy startup reshaping the financial services industry. If you want to work with talented people, solve big problems and make life better for hundreds of thousands of people, in Canada and beyond, come join us at Mylo.
Mylo is Canada’s fastest growing fintech, and we’re just getting started. Since launching in July 2017, Mylo has been downloaded over 400,000 times and has already helped over 125,000 Canadians save and invest, many for the very first time.
We’ve been featured in major media (https://mylo.ai/press) across the country, won a deal on Dragons’ Den, and acquired an asset management firm with over $120M AUM. Our CEO Phil Barrar was nominated for EY Entrepreneur of the Year, made the Bay St Bull’s 30<30 List, and has raised $3.9M in funding to date, most notably from Desjardins Capital, the venture capital arm of North America's largest association of credit unions.
What We Offer
In a short time, our team has grown from just a few to almost 30 people. At Mylo, we value making an impact, asking the tough questions and being inclusive. Our people and their passion are what truly set us apart.
- Open-concept offices in St-Henri (dogs are welcome!)
- Comprehensive health benefits package and extras like subsidized metro/bus pass
- Generous vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
- Support for continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge and achieving your career and personal development goals
- Team activities and get-togethers like game night and our annual holiday chalet getaway
- A casual environment where you will work with smart and passionate people
We believe in being an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.